Our new Library Symbaloo is your one stop shop to access all the resources you need to begin your research. Click here to access the Symbaloo (go to East Jefferson High School on the list).
Some highlights of our Symbaloo include:
- Google Classroom to view your class assignments and work within your Google account on Google Docs, Slides, and Sheets. You also can keep all your files safely in Google Drive and access your account at home and school.
- Student Portal to view your grades and print out your schedule.
- Research Databases: The entire World Book Encyclopedia and other World Book reference sources may be accessed from your home computer. You will also find the Gale Databases which provides a digital reference collection, a searchable periodical database, and other topic specific resources. Students have been given the passwords for these resources. You can contact one of the librarians if you need more information.
- CLEVER to access Discovery Education, PLATO assignments and Eureka Math ebooks.
- Collections (English) to access your online ebook.
- ACT and SAT websites for practice and applying to take the assessments.
- Homework Help is a great resource for students to access help with their homework.
- Purdue Owl for correctly formatting research papers in MLA 8 format.
Students are free to visit the library in the morning and at lunchtime. Teachers also issue passes to students during class time so they may check out books and work on assignments or projects. Our media center provides a computer lab, comfortable reading areas and access to a varied book collection and current magazines.
Exciting things are happening at the EJHS Library!
Teen Read Week at the EJHS Library: Teen Read Week (Oct. 8-12) was an exciting week at the EJHS Library. We had the Eastbank Jefferson Parish Librarian, Jennifer Bishop, come out to share new titles with students. We also had guest poet, Taj Mahal, come out to read her poetry to students. Students also participated in a Bookmark and Bookjacket contest. The Bookmark Contest winner was Paisley Heisser and the Bookjacket Contest winner was Ahmad Fisher. Mohammad Salous was recognized as the current Top Reader at EJ, having read 35 books this year. The winners received Raising Cane’s gift cards and candy as a reward.
CLASS VISITS TO THE LIBRARY
This has been a busy year for our school library. Classes have come in to learn about library orientation, evaluating websites, and researching using Discovery Education Board Builders. In addition classes have been researching and creating projects using Google Docs, Slides, and Sheets and presenting them.